View count: 14994
Curriculum Plan for BA
Curriculum Arrangement & Degree Requirement
- University required 30 credits (basic courses): To develop students' basic and general knowledge and abilities
- College core required 10 credits (common courses): To develop students' humanities and social spirit
- Department core required 40 credits (including professional teaching and child-care courses 32 credits): To educate distinguished early childhood practitioners and teachers
- Department elective 24 credits: To improve students' professional teaching skills.
- Cross-Area Programs 15-16 credits, free elective credits: To increase students' second profession specialty
- Half-year internship in kindergarten: To strengthening professional early childhood teaching abilities for teaching credential students
※For the detailed curriculum plans, please check the Attachment below.
Cross-Department Program (with Department of Foreign Languanges & Literature)：Children English instruction Program
Cross-College Program (with Department of Creative Product Design)：Children Potential Development and Creative Design Program
※For the detailed course plans, please go to Downloads area.
1. Develop good attitude to service and learning
- Students need to take the non-credit "Service and learning" for one year (usually in the first year) to clean the campus environment in a free manner 30 minutes per day.
2. Learning from distinguished scholars and practitioners in early childhood education
- Students need to attend the colloquium and lecture of early childhood for at least 30 times and submit the report and assignment before graduation to save these hours in their "service and learning passbook".
3. Following the pre-teacher education policy and doing policy promotion
- Adding related courses to increase student learning opportunities and promotion, such as child emotion education, family education, environmental education, information education, learning disabilities, and multicultural education.
4. Kindergarten Internship
- Students of year 3 and 4 must finish 4 credits internship, including visiting kindergarten, service and teaching practicum (on probation) for 80 hours and submit the report of internship experience to save the records in "service and learning passbook".
5. Following the departmental educational goal to plan the curriculum
- The department followed the four major educational ideas and departmental four major educational goals in general to design the curriculum plan.
6. Three specialty programs
- For improving the teaching abilities of teaching credential students, there are 3 specialty programs. Every student can take 1-2 specialty programs.
Introduction to related programs
Creative Art and Culture Education Elective Program:
- To respond accordingly to the information age, making information electronic is becoming a basic ability of early childhood educators.
- To break through the traditional teaching methods, the department will prepare and train distinguished personnel for the digital educational material reform.
- Since it is a global trend to develop child educational digital animation courses, vivid multimedia animation will replace the presentation of pure text or static picture.
- The department will educate management personnel for future culture and education industries to extend the related areas of early childhood education.
- To inspire children's creativity, the early childhood teachers with good creativity will be an important trend in future opened child education.
- To cope with the changing times, to cultivate the development of creativity becomes an important issue in contemporary school education.
Early Childhood Education Teacher Professional Elective Program:
- To educate distinguished early childhood educators for future
- To connecte the program with early childhood educator certification exam, assisting students to get the certification
- To learn the basic abilities for teaching in kindergarten in future
- To get familiar with a variety of early childhood education teaching models and theories
- To improve basic skills for teaching children in future
Free elective/ Caring for children with special needs:
- To understand the characteristics of different students with special needs
- To learn how to get useful information and develop doable teaching plan
- To assist children with special needs effectively to adapt with learning
- To learn how to design and apply different types of assisting tools, to provide behavioral and psychological counseling for children with special needs
- To connect knowledge of early childhood education and special education, to deal with the challenges and difficult issues in inclusive teaching environment
- To integrate the knowledge and skills of baby-sitter for assisting students to get the related license
Child potential and creative design professional elective program:
- To develop good teaching modalities and toys for baby and young child for stimulating young children's learning potential.
- The professional courses in the department of early childhood education focus on the educational and inspiration function of children's toys and teaching modalities. We teach students how to use appropriate toys and modalities to inspire children's potential development and intelligent learning.
- The idea of creative design focuses on students' professional skills on product design and package design.